Dear family of God, Emmanuel! Grace and Peace! My name is Rev. San Kang. I`m very glad about the appointment of Emmanuel UMC, VA. Now, I`m excited and nerves at the same time, because of the new journey of my life. And I`m praying to God for the new ministry with Emmanuel congregations. I`ve been living in the US for almost 10 years. But, I am still learning more about these cultures and lifestyles. I have very openminded for listening to the social & spiritual life of the congregations. I hope you to teach me your life of journey and your own history. I also would like to share my experiences of God in my life with you. Our family likes tea time together. My wife, Chanmi and I like a cup of coffee and tea. My daughter, Grace likes a cup of lemonade and herb tea. Grace is 6 years old. She loves sports. Especially, she likes playing soccer, basketball, and swimming. I like playing basketball, too. So, I and Grace often enjoy playing basketball together. I like not only singing the worship songs both traditional hymns and contemporary gospel songs but also playing the guitar for the worship songs with my wife. My wife, Chanmi loves music too. She majored in music, especially, piano and organ playing. Also, she specialized in worship and theology. She likes to not only meet friends and also share her life with others
I want to share my favorite words in the Bible.
1. The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3. he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
I believe that God led me to meet with the family of Emmanuel. The LORD is not only my shepherd but also your shepherd. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
I hope to see you, Emmanuel soon.
From SAN, Chanmi, and Grace.